The Diversity & Equality Committee of the New South Wales Bar Association welcomes any questions members may have about diversity and inclusion initiatives. Each week the Committee will seek to address queries or bring you updates on its latest activities through a note in InBrief.
The Diversity & Equality Committee meets once a month and is working on initiatives under the following themes:
- Ageing at the NSW Bar;
- Challenges for readers and inclusion;
- Flexible working arrangements and family responsibilities;
- Sexual harassment;
- Unconscious bias;
- Cultural diversity;
- Diversity & inclusion from a clerks perspective;
- Best practice Guidelines;
- Equitable briefing;
- Diversity advocates and role models we can see; and
- LGBTI inclusion.
In the meantime, please keep your eye out for the next edition of Bar News, a special diversity edition.