Last Day to register
Register now to join the ABA, NSWBA at the rise2018 national conference scheduled to take place from 15-17 November in Sydney; a conference by the Bar for all professionals! Click here for more information.
The conference boasts an exciting and engaging line-up of speakers, interesting and topical discussion, this event is not to be missed!
- Be inspired by leaders of the profession
- Gain insights from ASX-listed General Counsel
- Explore with CSIRO how the profession will be disrupted
- Network with your peers from the bench, bar, firms and in-house
- Join the conversation and shape the profession
The conference brings together Australia’s legal profession to discuss issues impacting on legal institutions, the rule of law and legal practice.
Hear from leading voices in the profession including:
- The Hon Chief Justice Susan Kiefel AC, High Court of Australia
- The Hon Chief Justice James Allsop AO, Federal Court of Australia
- The Hon Chief Justice Tom Bathurst AC, Supreme Court of NSW
- The Hon Justice Virginia AC Bell, High Court of Australia
- The Hon Christian Porter MP
- The Hon Mark Speakman MP
- Sharon Cook, Chief Legal & Commercial Council NAB
- Caroline Cox, Group General Counsel, BHP
- Bret Walker SC
- David Marr, ABC
- Angela Wood, Partner KPMG
- Sarah McNaughton SC, Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
Sessions of interest include:
- Q&A with Tony Jones, ABC
- Change and the Legal Profession with The Hon Chief Justice Susan Kiefel AC
- Directors’ Duties with Sharon Cook, NAB
- In Conversation with the Regulators with Daniel Crennan QC
- Class Actions – proudly supported by IMF Bentham
- Navigating the Future with Vivek Srinivasan, Futures Manager - CSIRO
- Effective Triage of Major Multi-faceted Disputes
- Running Appeals in the 21st Century with The Hon Justice Pamela Tate, Supreme Court of Victoria
The conference also boasts genuine networking and social opportunities, including our Celebrating Women in Law breakfast, supported by Fairfax & Roberts, held on Friday 16 November at Planar Restaurant, ICC Sydney. Join us to hear from guest speaker Julia Baird, ABC.
We encourage you all to join the conversation, entertain clients and network with members of the bench, bar, government and media.
A detailed program, including social events, can be found here.
Please contact the event organisers here if you have any questions in relation to the program, pricing or how to register.