The registry manager at the Family Court, Parramatta, has issued the following message to the legal profession regarding changes to service delivery, which take effect immediately.
Registry document drop-off box
Any document deposited in the level one ‘document drop-off box’ will be processed within two working days, and registry staff will no longer be able to process non-urgent applications at the counter from legal practitioners.
Subpoena inspection appointment system
For the inspection of subpoena material, a subpoena inspection appointment system will be introduced for legal practitioners. To book a subpoena inspection, email email@example.com with the following information:
- File number and name
- Sleeve number(s) to be inspected
- Preferred date and times, either morning 10.00am-12.00 noon or afternoon 1.00 – 4.00pm
Subpoena inspection preparation:
- Ensure that leave has been granted to inspect the documents requested (check via the Commonwealth Courts Portal);
- Bring photo identification;
- If you are not the solicitor on the record, but have been appointed their solicitor agent, or are Counsel briefed to appear, ensure that you are in possession a letter of authority from the solicitor with carriage of the matter;
- Cost of photocopying is 20 cents per page (you will be aware that the Court no longer accepts cash/cheques); and
- Registry staff will reply ASAP to your email, confirming the booking. If your requested date and time is not available, the next available booking will be allocated to you.
Naturally, for urgent matters, inspection of subpoena material will be permitted without booking.
E-filing of documents
Finally, and most importantly, the support of the legal profession is sought to e-file documents, where possible, especially divorce applications.