In response to feedback received from users of the Find a Barrister (FAB) facility, the Bar Association has introduced a new search field which allows users to identify barristers who have a curriculum vitae available on their profiles. Users will be able to search FAB by this criteria alone or in conjunction with other criteria. Members who wish to add their curriculum vitae to their individual profiles will need to upload a PDF version of their CV (see how to details below).
How to add your cv to your FAB profile - It only takes a few minutes
- Log in to the members' section of the Bar Association website, click on MEMBER SIGN IN on the top right hand corner of the home page.
- At the SIGN IN page, enter your username and password. In most cases, this will be the same as your CPD video streaming login. If you are unaware of either or both details, click on Unknown username or password? and follow the prompts.
- If your sign in is successful, it will say WELCOME [NAME] in the top right corner of the home page.
- Click on the cog wheel next to your name. This will take you to the Member Dashboard page.
- In the General Details section, click on the "upload your CV" button, browse to find your PDF CV on your system and select it.
- The CV will then be automatically uploaded to your Find a Barrister profile.
Members can revise and update their CVs using the same approach as required in the future.
The Bar Association will commence promoting the availability of this search facility in the very near future.
In particular, the FAB facility will be demonstrated at the ACC National Conference in Canberra, 16 to 18 November 2016.
Members who wish to do so are encouraged to upload their CVs as soon as possible.