The 4th Annual Native Title Summit, "Focused updates: Policy, legislation & crucial decisions", will be held on 11-12 July 2012 at theï¿½Marriott Hotel Brisbane. The complications for stakeholders seeking native title certainty are numerous and problematic.ï¿½ It is absolutely vital for native title professionals to stay ahead of the key developments shaping the direction of the legislation.
Our nationally renowned experts will provide crucial insights into the complications of infrastructure proposals, anti-corruption legislation and its impact on your negotiation tactics, consider when applicant authority will be taken from claim groups and the rights of Indigenous peoples to consultation, consent and mediation.
This is your source of important legal updates affecting native title claimants and land use applicants. The Native Title Summit is the event tacking the national issues and shaping the advice lawyers give to their clients.
- Explore the integration of land access rights, future acts, negotiation strategies, ILUAs and compensation payments. Discover all of the little complexities in between.ï¿½
- Receive insights into reform proposals from two of Australiaâs greatest and most respected silks.ï¿½
- Examine new uncertainties in securing Indigenous land use agreements: How much will it cost your clients to deliver their commercial projects, now and in the future?ï¿½
- Understand what constitutes reasonable expenditure and the rules against anti-corruption. What are you telling your clients?ï¿½
- Appreciate the future risks of directorsâ liability for pre-determination of funds management.ï¿½
- Incorporating NTA considerations into your checklists for progressing applications for major infrastructure, ports and mining tenements.ï¿½
- An analysis of topical cases from the High Court, the Federal Court and the State Supreme Courts.